Presented by Peugeot
Get up close and personal with New Zealand wines at Wine AKL, presented by Peugeot. Grab your wine-loving friends and taste your way around the country's wine-growing regions - you can sample and buy wines, including limited releases and new-vintages, from over 60 NZ wineries.
JUST ANNOUNCED - WINE AKL'S POP-UP RESTAURANT
Wine AKL will feature a pop-up by Simon Gault’s highly renowned Euro Restaurant.
Dishes have been designed to pair with the classic New Zealand wine varieties. Expect knock out food plus literally hundreds of wines to match!
Meet wine pros like Nick Stock (AUS), Shelley Lindgren (USA), Rebecca Gibb (UK) and our own Master of Wine Bob Campbell to find out what they’re drinking and why, plus join some of central Auckland’s favourite restaurateurs and sommeliers for talks on everything from a beginner's guide to cellaring to how to order wine like a pro and food matching sessions.
Familiar faces include Gary Olasz from Clooney, Michael Dearth from The Grove, Nicola Richards from Monsoon Poon, John Logan from O’Connell Street Bistro, Brian Campbell from Milse, Jeremy Ellis from Baduzzi and Piers Haszard from Botswana Butchery.
Access to all of the Wine 101 and Sommelier Sessions talks is included in your ticket price, with tickets for the Connoisseurs' Lounge sessions available through iTICKET.
If you get peckish, you'll be able to sample gourmet produce from the country's winemaking regions or grab a bit from the Wine AKL pop-up restaurant. Entertainment includes the likes of Base FM DJ Murry Sweetpants.
Whether you’re a newcomer to wine or a true aficionado, Auckland’s new flagship wine tasting event will be one to remember.
R18 for entry to Wine AKL.
- Auckland & Northland: Villa Maria, Odyssey, Man O War, Karikari, Babich, Coopers Creek
- Gisborne: Kirkpatrick
- Martinborough: Ata Rangi, Escarpment
- Hawke's Bay: Mills Reef, Te Awa, Vidal, Esk Valley, Elephant Hill, Rod Mcdonald, Bilancia, Trinity Hill
- Waipara: Sherwood Estate, Silver Wing, Pegasus Bay, Main Divide, Black Estate, Fancrest, Pyramid Valley
- North Canterbury: Muddy Water
- Central Otago: Thornbury, Mount Edward, Carrick, Maude, Prophets Rock, Mt Difficulty, Domain Road, Silver Fern Farms, Mount Michael
- North Otago: Ostler
- Marlborough: St Clair, Auntsfield Estate, Huia, Hunters, No.1 Family, Ara, Lawsons Dry Hills, Two Rivers, Fromm, Wise Owl, Summerhouse, Te Whare Ra, Marisco, Mud House, Nautilus
- Nelson: Tohu, Neudorf, Kahurangi, Kina Beach
There will also be a range of international, lifestyle and retail exhibition stands, including Eurovintage, Negociants, A Touch Of Italy, San Pellegrino, Joiy and Riedel.
Wine AKL Masterclass Tickets are now available! Don't miss out, buy your tickets today.
Please note drink tokens are non-refundable
Want to make a meal of it? Try a Restaurant Month menu before or after Wine Auckland – visit www.heartofthecity.co.nz/restaurant-month
Click here to view all the Restaurant Month 2014 events