Presented by Viva
Ms G’s, El Loco, Papi Chulo and Mr Wong. Four of the hottest restaurants in Sydney, with one thing in common – Executive Chef Dan Hong, alumni of Longrain, Pello, Marque and Tetsuya’s.
Dan has captured the attention of Sydney’s foodies and cemented his reputation as one of Sydney’s fastest rising culinary talents. Dan’s latest piece of magic, Cantonese restaurant Mr Wong, has earned a string of awards and accolades from 2-hats to Best New Restaurant with menu highlights including Chinese roasted duck and faux shark fin soup and, of course, the dumplings.
Dan’s recently released book “Mr Hong” reflects his attitude to food: “there are no rules when creating dishes – they just have to be delicious and fun. That's what I'm all about.”
Dan teams up with Sid Sahrawat, owner and chef of the award-winning SIDART and now Cassia. Book a seat and enjoy a continuous flow of shared dishes showcasing Dan Hong’s own signature style.
A Taste of Mr Hong at Cassia is part of Restaurant Month in the Heart of the City’s Chef Dining Series.
- Snacks: Cheeseburger Spring Roll, Chicken Katsu Banh Mi and Prawn Toast with Yuzu Aioli
- First course: Sashimi of Yellowfin Tuna with Sweet Wasabi and Ginger Soy Vinaigrette
- Second course: Vietnamese Steak Tartare with Prawn Crackers
- Third course: Local Crayfish with Black Pepper Sauce
- Fourth course: Steamed Fish Fillet with White Soy, Ginger and Leeks, aged Ribeye of Local Beef with Flavours of Pho, Salt and Pepper Lamb Cutlets with Fennel and Cumin Salt & Steamed Rice
- Dessert: Dirty Passion
Special thanks to our partners: Negociants NZ, Babich Wines and San Pellegrino.
Please note that the menu may change due to produce availability
IMPORTANT – Unfortunately due to the nature of the event no dietary requirements can be catered for.
This event is communal dining, please note that you may be sitting at a table with other diners. If you wish to sit with other guests not included in your purchase please contact us BEFORE the event. Please be advised that all dishes are intended as sharing plates.
Contact Lise on firstname.lastname@example.org.