It was the purchase of The Florentino, in existence since the 1920s, that signalled the arrival of Guy Grossi as a serious force within the Melbourne restaurant scene. 17 years later, with multiple restaurants, 5 cookbooks and a stack of TV appearances under his belt, Guy is firmly regarded as an Australian food icon and has been recognised by the Italian president for his international service to cucina Italiana.
Quality modern interpretations meet classic Italian traditions at Grossi Florentino, and for one night only, Guy Grossi and Josh Emett are recreating the sensation for you to experience at Ostro.
Ticket includes 6 courses with matching wines.
A Taste of Grossi Florentino is part of Restaurant Month in the Heart of the City 2016 and is proudly brought to you by Fine Dining Lovers.
- Course 1. SNOW CRAB - Radish, Lovage, Ice Plant, Bunya Nut, Buckwheat
- Course 2. FREMANTLE OCTOPUS - Pizzaiola, Tomato, Capers, Olives, Lupin
- Course 3. RAVIOLI ALL'IOVO - Egg Yolk, Smoked Ricotta, Sage, Amaretti, Aged Balsamic
- Course 4. GARGANELLE - Venison Ragu
- Course 5. SUCKLING PIG - Date, Apple, Mustard Greens, Cider
- Cleanser Course. MONTE BIANCO
- Course 6. MANDARINO - Mandarin, Goat’s milk, Black Sesame, Albariño Sorbet
Special thanks to our partners: Negociants NZ, Babich Wines and S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna.
Please note that the menu may change due to produce availability.
This event is communal dining, please note that you may be sitting at a table with other diners. If you wish to sit with other guests not included in your purchase, please contact us BEFORE the event.
If any in your group have any special dietary requirements, please let us know BEFORE the event.
Contact Lise on email@example.com