The Onam Vegetarian Festival is Ela Cuisine’s annual vegetarian feast and is sure to be an evening of memorable communal dining. Ela Cuisine is an award-winning restaurant located in Elliott Stables epicurean village, focusing on gluten and dairy free cuisine.
Ticket includes a 17-dish degustation with unlimited rice.
Onam Vegetarian Feast is part of Restaurant Month in the Heart of the City 2017
Location – the event will be held in the private hall above Elliott Stables. Access via Elliott Hotel’s entrance.
2017 Onam Feast Menu:
- Pappadams - rice and lentil crackers
- Banana Chips - raw banana chips
- Jagerry Chips - sweet molasses banana chips
- Mango Chutney - salty mango & coconut chutney
- Fried Chilli and bittergourd
- Puli Inchi - ginger pickle
- Pachadi - beetroot and yoghurt
- Erisserry - pumpkin and red beans with roasted coconut
- Thoran - cabbage foogath
- Mezhukkupuratty - long beans or green beans stir fry
- Aviyal - fresh garden vegetables in shredded coconut and turmeric
- Rice - parboiled rice
- Dhaal - lentil soup
- Sambhar - lentil and vegetable soup
- Mooru curry - cooked buttermilk with Ash gourd/ winter melon (vegan option: Olan - red beans in coconut milk - with beetroot pickle
- Vermicelli Payasam - dessert with milk (vegan option: fresh fruits)
- Adapradhaman - dessert with coconut milk (vegan option: mango cheesecake)
Please note that the menu may change due to produce availability (tropical vegetables).
IMPORTANT – Dining time of 1 hour maximum. Non-vegetarian dishes and alcohol will not be served along with Onam dishes.
Kindly arrive on time and present vouchers at the counter in advance prior to being seated. Late arrivals will not be redeemed as there is limited seating in each batch.
This event is communal dining. Please note that you may be sitting at a table with other diners in allocated seating area only.
Eating with your hands is a unique dining experience. Cutlery can be provided upon request.
Food will be served on paper leaves unless banana leaves can be supplied (usually out-of-season in August). No refunds available if meal isn’t served on banana leaves.
No baby seats provided. Kids over 5 to pay full price.