The inaugural Jack Daniel’s National BBQ Championship is here. Held in eight separate events across seven cities, it’ll see New Zealand’s best low and slow BBQ pitmasters compete head to head in the battle to be named the Jack Daniel’s National BBQ Grand Champion and win their share of the NZ$40,000 prize money.
Registration for all eight events are now open. To be eligible to win the Championship your team has to compete in three separate events. Teams can have between 1-4 people and you can register your team up to two weeks prior to each event. Simply register your team together in one registration and pay one fee of $250 per team per event. You can book your place at multiple events in the one transaction.
To find out all the rules of the Championship, click here to see our Pitmaster Guide.
To find out all you need to know about the Championship, please visit jdbbqchampionship.co.nz
To view the Championship Terms & Conditions, click here.
Please note, the maximum number of teams per event is strictly limited to just 30 – so unlike the way we like to cook, you better be quick.
- Kumeu Showgrounds, Auckland, 19-20 August 2017
- Claudelands, Hamilton, 16-17 September 2017
- Showgrounds Hawkes Bay, Napier, 7-8 October 2017
- Trentham Gardens, Wellington, 11-12 November 2017
- Richmond Park Showgrounds, Nelson, 9-10 December 2017 - Cancelled
- Kumeu Showgrounds, Auckland, 20-21 January 2018
- Canterbury A&P Grounds 24-25 March 2018 & 14-15 April 2018
- Wingatui Racecourse, Dunedin, 14-15 April 2018 - Cancelled