After much deliberation, and in the spirit of driving inclusion for the whole of New Zealand Fashion Week, we have opted to make the FashioNZ Diversity Conversation free of charge.
If you have purchased a ticket, you will be provided with a full refund. iTICKET will be in touch directly, and your tickets will still be valid for the Show however it will now be General Admission.
We have made this decision to ensure a full range of the general public, delegates and attendees are able to attend the conversation – and influence some real positive change in the fashion industry.
Diversity Conversation: What can fashion do to be inclusive?
Part of NZ Fashion Weekend
It’s a topical issue in fashion and a hotly debated subject which is why diversity is the focus of this new conversation at NZFW 2019. Presented by leading NZ fashion website FashioNZ, a panel of those leading the way in championing diversity will offer thought-provoking insights on the importance of inclusivity.
- Grace Stratton, founder of accessibility fashion website All is for All
- Jess Quinn, inspirational speaker and body positive influencer
- Kiri Nathan, fashion designer and artist
- Meagan Kerr, plus size fashion writer and influencer
- Mercy Brewer, veteran model from Unique Model Management
- Sammy Salsa, leading fashion and celebrity stylist
- Zeenat Wilkinson, editor and founder of inclusive beauty website SAUCE
Diversity isn’t a trend but it is the way the fashion industry is heading. While we live in a diverse and multicultural world up until recently you would have been hard-pressed to have seen much of it represented in mainstream fashion. But fashion is slowing changing to be more inclusive of different ages, sizes, ethnicities, abilities and genders, but why does it matter and what change is still needed? What does representation for everyone look like and what is happening to those fashion brands that aren’t being inclusive?
Don’t miss your chance to hear from some leading industry voices and gain insights on the way forward in fashion.