Maunga Mayhem 30th March 2019
An obstacle adventure race like no other that will take place on stunning farmland beside our local Maungatapere mountain.
The race will have participants navigate their way through courses over rolling countryside and through many obstacles along the way such as balance beams, hay bale hills, tunnels, scramble nets, slippery slide, hurdles, up and down hills, Rope swings, through bush and more.
It promises to be a challenging, action-packed, fun day out with three races to cater for all ages, the whole family, teams and workmates- something for everyone!
T-Shirts are ready to order!! Click here to secure yours now - don't miss out.
Maunga Mayhem is run by the Maungatapere School Parent Teachers Association and will take place on Duffy Farm in Maungatapere. Click here for the map showing how to find it (only 15 minutes) from Whangarei.
Registering for this event means that you have read and accepted our waiver and understand the competitor notes.
||Ages 6-12 years
||Ages 4-8, plus adult (Team of 2)
||Ages 12 years and over
- Early collection of race packs and wristband numbers is available at Maungatapere School on Friday 29th March from 2pm to 4pm.
- All competitors will need to register before their race briefing at the registration desk to pick up their race numbers.
- The registration desk will be open from 9am on Saturday 30th March 2019.
- Each race will have a safety briefing 15 minutes prior to it’s start time. This will take place in front of the registration tent. Attendance is compulsory.
Safety briefing times
- Major Mayhem – Safety briefing @ 10:00 am (race starts 10:15 am)
- Mini Mayhem – Safety briefing @ 10:45 am (race starts 11:00 am)
- Mixed Mayhem – Safety briefing @ 11:30 am (race starts at 11:45 am)
The top 3 place getters will be acknowledged at the prize giving that will follow after the last race at approximately 12:15 pm and there are awesome major spot prizes to be won.
Food will be available to purchase – CASH only.