Build a successful and rewarding career in Technology without sacrificing your lifestyle – or writing a single line of code!
The Tech sector is a large and varied one, with a variety of roles that require a diverse set of skills. People tend to think of roles in Tech as best suited to ‘smart’ or technically talented people – or that being good at Math, Science, or Computer Skills is essential to working in a technology company. This is simply not true! Today, it’s all about people, and the way you communicate and interact with them, so the technical skills are just a supplement to your success.
Why working in Tech is great
Come be inspired by the stories of people who have flourished in technical roles and industries with no technical background whatsoever. As part of the session, we will go through a checklist of typical skills and attributes required in each of the roles, so you can see how they match your existing capabilities . You will also have the chance to talk to the speakers, and other ‘mentors’, and understand how you could transfer your expertise to a role in technology.
- $$ Tech roles usually have great salaries $$
- Great options to change roles at every point in your career
- Flexible and Work from home options provide more family time and lifestyle options
- Progressive industry with great culture supporting diversity
- Women are in high demand in this industry, from entry level to executive roles.
- You don’t have to be a nerd to be happy in this career.
See more Techweek19 events.