Start-ups and global multinationals alike are drawn to the UK, recognising it as the best place to help them stay ahead. Come and find out why the UK remains the top European hub for global tech investors.
This event is aimed at NZ tech businesses who are keen to learn more about business opportunities in the UK.
This session will open with a political update by British Deputy High Commissioner, Helen Smith, and follow with a panel discussion, outlining key developments and business opportunities in the UK market.
The panel will provide practical tips on how to set up in the UK and share their successes and experiences of operating in this market.
This event will give you the opportunity to hear from and pose questions to industry experts, as well as understand how the UK Government and the Department for International Trade (DIT) can support your growth in the UK.
Please note that capacity at this event is limited and your place will be confirmed by email shortly after registration.
About the UK tech sector
- is worth nearly £184 billion to the UK economy
- is growing 2.6 times faster than the wider UK economy
- is made up of over 223,000 tech companies
- includes London, the second most connected tech ecosystem on the planet
- contributes 16 of Europe’s 33 unicorns, worth$23 billion in value
- is a global leader in digital tech investment - £3.3 billion in 2016 over 2645 deals, and more VC than the rest of Europe combined
- is the number 1 rated European economy for attracting global talent and boasts 4 of the world’s top ten universities in the world
- hosts 100 science parks and 300 business incubators
- offers investment in R&D and generous tax support, with the lowest corporate tax rate in the G7 (currently 19% to be further reduced to 17% by 2020).
See more Techweek19 events.