Tarmageddon is a call to arms to what the industry response will be. Collectively, we need to change our approach. We need to innovate to find new solutions to the age-old problem on aging roads.
Join us on the 26th September at Villa Maria, which is conveniently located close to Auckland Airport, to hear asset owners, pavement and surfacing experts and solution providers discuss and debate what needs to be done and how we propose to do it.
In the current environment new thinking is required to deliver solutions that will stop the impending roading calamity…. Tarmageddon.
- Venue: Barrel Room - Villa Maria Winery
- Date: Thursday 26th September
- Start time: 8:30am – registration opens
- Happy Hour: 4:30pm to 5:30pm
What’s going on?
Preventing Tarmageddon - what will the industry’s response be?
- NZ road toll in death and serious injury is increasing.
- Our roading infrastructure is creaking under the weight of increasing traffic loads with the system bulging at the seams.
- Maintenance activities are competing with customer and stakeholder organisation expectations on road network availability.
- Actual life vs design life for pavement and surfacings is reducing.
- Marginal materials are being exposed in service as inferior to premium materials.
- All in an operating environment with a static maintenance budget and a reduction in capital investment with the change of funding into other transport classes.
Don’t miss out!
- Civil Contractors NZ Young Presenter’s Award will be up for grabs (under 35 years of age)
- A great opportunity for networking
It has been five years since a full day technical workshop of this type has been delivered formerly by the Auckland Asphalt Forum, purely focusing on the “black stuff”; chipsealing, foamed bitumen, asphalt, microsurfacing, slurry seals and the list goes on.
We can’t wait to see you there!
With kind sponsorship from: Wirtgen Group, Z Energy, Winstone Aggregates, Hiway Group & Geotechnics