"Yesterday we received the directive from the Ministry of Health that “gatherings of over 500 people will be cancelled” we have reviewed this advice and determined that it is appropriate to postpone our event until further notice.
Considering both the directive and other options available, we believe that this decision is in the best interests of our community.
As many of you will be aware, every event has different dynamics and we appreciate your support with respect to what has been a difficult decision.
As you will understand the logistics behind postponing any event are huge, however with 5 extra months of planning we will make Maunga Mayhem 2020 stronger than ever!
All tickets will roll over to our new date, iTICKET will be in touch directly to organise any refunds.
We will keep you up-to-date with information leading up to the event. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page and Website.
Thank you for your support
Maunga Mayhem Committee"
Come and join us for the most memorable and greatest event of the year!
Set on stunning farmland, we have races that cater for all ages. The courses have numerous man-made and natural obstacles, making this a challenging, exciting and fun filled event. You will get wet, you will get muddy, you will love it!
Incredible spot prizes up for grabs and medals for the top 3 placings. Plenty of delicious food and drinks to purchase on the day.
This promises to be a fabulous family fun day out. Don’t miss out! Tickets strictly limited and no door sales (sales on the day) available.
Don’t miss out!! Tickets strictly limited and no door sales available.
Maunga Mayhem is run by the Maungatapere School Parent Teachers Association and will take place on Duffy Farm in Maungatapere. Click here for the map showing how to find it (only 15 minutes) from Whangarei.
Registering for this event means that you have read and accepted our waiver and understand the competitor notes.
||Ages 6-12 years
||Ages 4-8 + Adult (Team of 2)
||Ages 12 years and over
- Early collection of race packs and wristband numbers is available at Maungatapere School on Friday 20th March from 2pm to 4pm.
- All competitors will need to register before their race briefing at the registration desk to pick up their race numbers.
- The registration desk will be open from 9am on Saturday 21 March 2020.
- Each race will have a safety briefing 15 minutes prior to it’s start time. This will take place in front of the registration tent. Attendance is compulsory.
Safety briefing times
- Major Mayhem – Safety briefing @ 10:00 am (race starts 10:15 am)
- Mini Mayhem – Safety briefing @ 10:45 am (race starts 11:00 am)
- Mixed Mayhem – Safety briefing @ 11:30 am (race starts at 11:45 am)
The top 3 place getters will be acknowledged at the prize giving that will follow after the last race at approximately 12:15 pm and there are awesome major spot prizes to be won.
Food will be available to purchase – CASH only.