It’s 1962 in Baltimore, Maryland, a quirky, teenager Tracy Turnblad has one dream - to dance on The Corny Collins Show.
Tracy faces scrutiny and bullying from the network producer - Velma, and her popular, but vicious, daughter - Amber. With the help of the teenage heartthrob Link, host Corny Collins, and Motormouth Maybelle, Tracy overcomes the odds and succeeds in her mission to integrate The Corny Collins Show.
Tony Award-winning Hairspray continues to be one of the most widely produced musicals today, not only because of its wit and charm, but also because of the beautiful message of acceptance and progress that it portrays. The bright, energetic story of Tracy Turnblad teaches us all to look past appearances and fight for every human being’s equal rights.
- Tickets must be presented on the night to gain entry.
- As a courtesy please be seated by 6.50pm.
- Please ensure your cell phone is turned off during the performance.
- No cameras or recording devices permitted.
- Estimated performance time 2½ hours including interval.
- Theatre Foyer group are performing from 2.30pm and or 6.30pm in foyer 1/2 hr prior to each show.