|The Wellington City Shake-’Em-On-Downers
The Wellington City Shake-’Em-On-Downers deliver the most scintillating swing, the most dapper Dixieland and the most energetic interpretations of vintage jazz classics.
The Wellington City Shake-’Em-On-Downers are a Martinborough legend, having been a headline act for three Jazz in Martinborough festivals.
As well as standards from the New Orleans and swing songbook, they also perform raging new compositions inspired by the era.
This debonair septet is made up of prolific NZSM graduates:
- Hikurangi Schaverien-Kaa (drums)
- Phoebe Johnson (double bass and vocals)
- Louis Thompson-Munn (piano and vocals)
- Aleister Campbell (guitar and vocals)
- Oscar Laven (saxophone, clarinet and vocals)
- Michael Taylor (trumpet and vocals)
- Kaito Walley (trombone)
You can find out more about the band on Facebook or YouTube, and purchase their latest CD On the Menu in Bandcamp.
*Tickets do not include dinner reservations. Please call The Village Café 06 306 8814 to make a dinner booking.