A youth production with cast, crew and band aged 11-18 years.
The pint-sized, pinstriped classic is a tongue-in-cheek tribute to the gangster films of the 1920's.
Based on the hit 1976 film starring a preteen Scott Baio and Jodi Foster and featuring a catchy, swinging score by the composer of The Muppet Movie, Bugsy Malone is good, clean, comedic fun! Two gangs comprised completely of children, square off in a 1920's rivalry of Capone-ian standards. Dandy Dan's gang has gotten the upper hand since obtaining the "splurge" gun. Now Fat Sam and his bumbling buffoons are in real trouble! Bugsy Malone, a one-time boxer, is thrust not-so-willingly into the gangster limelight, when he becomes the last chance Fat Sam's gang has of surviving. All Bugsy really wants to do is spend time with his new love Blousey; but that just isn't in the cards for our hero.
Director - Samantha Turner
Musical Director - Shane Burgess assisted by Noah Hunt
Choreographer - Michelle Glover assisted by Jamie Sayers
Please arrive early to avoid disappointment - refunds do not apply.
Latecomers will not be let in once the house lights are down. You will be seated at an appropriate time.
Photo, video or audio recording equipment will not be permitted in the venue.
- Doors to venue will open at 6.30pm* for evening performances and 1.00pm for matinee.
- Evening performances will start at 7.30pm and matinee at 2.00pm*
- Seating for this performance is reserved. Please check your ticket date and time.
- If you require assistance at the venue, please let one of our staff know and they will happily escort you.
- Door Sales will incur a booking fee of $1.50 per ticket
- Licensed Bar will be open with Eftpos facilities
- Wheelchair seating please book through South Taranaki i-SITE 06 278 8599
*Times are subject to change.