An obstacle adventure race like no other that will take place on stunning farmland beside our local Maungatapere mountain.
This course will have participants navigate their way through courses over rolling countryside with many man-made and natural obstacles along the way. Clambering up haybale hills, through culvert pipe tunnels, under scramble nets, down an enormous slippery slide, swinging over monkey bars, trudging through mud pits, over tyre stacks, through the bush, swinging over pits and much more!
It promises to be a challenging, action-packed, fun day out with three races to cater for all ages, the whole family, teams and workmates - something for everyone!
Maunga Mayhem is run by the Maungatapere School Parent Teachers Association and will take place on Duffy Farm in Maungatapere. Click here for the map showing how to find it (only 15 minutes) from Whangarei.
Registering for this event means that you have read and accepted our waiver and understand the competitor notes.
||Ages 7-12 years
||Ages 4-8 years + Adult (Team of 2)
||Ages 12 years and over
- Early collection of race packs and wristband numbers is available at Maungatapere School on Friday 24th March 2023 from 2pm to 4pm.
- All competitors will need to register before their race briefing at the registration desk to pick up their race numbers.
- The registration desk will be open from 9am on Saturday 25th March 2023.
- Each race will have a safety briefing 15 minutes prior to it’s start time. This will take place in front of the registration tent. Attendance is compulsory.
Safety briefing times
- Major Mayhem – Safety briefing @ 10:00 am (race starts 10:15 am)
- Mini Mayhem – Safety briefing @ 10:45 am (race starts 11:00 am)
- Mixed Mayhem – Safety briefing @ 11:30 am (race starts at 11:45 am)
The top 3 place getters will be acknowledged at the prize giving that will follow after the last race at approximately 12:15 pm and there are awesome major spot prizes to be won.
Food will be available to purchase – CASH only.