TASTE OF AUCKLAND 2016
Celebrate everything that’s hot on the Auckland food scene at Taste of Auckland in partnership with Electrolux.
Get your friends together to stroll the Taste of Auckland wonderland, centre stage on the idyllic Western Springs green.
Discover the best tastes, sights, and entertainment Auckland (and beyond) has to offer, from the city’s top restaurants, to artisanal producers at the TSB Bank Producers Market, to sumptuous craft beers along our infamous Brew Street with Kapiti Cheese, to boutique vintages by renowned wineries. Get inspired in the Electrolux Taste Theatre with fellow foodies and award-winning chefs; laugh and dance to fabulous live music at the Magner’s Cider Bandstand, and pique your intrigue with talks and classes from New Zealand’s famous faces at the Electrolux Chefs’ Secrets. See Adriano Zumbo live in the Electrolux Taste Theatre at the Friday evening and Saturday afternoon sessions – see timetable here.
Taste of Auckland operates like a restaurant with a lunch and dinner service. A Taste session lasts for 4-5 hours (session dependent) to give you time to enjoy your pick of restaurant dishes, browse the artisan stalls, do some shopping, enjoy some of the many exciting features and meet some of the fabulous personalities involved. Tickets are sold for each session and are only valid for the time and date indicated on the ticket. Click here for the guide of chef demos, live bands and masterclasses that are taking place at each session.
Taste of Auckland is an all-weather event with 5,000 square meters of marquee with covered walkways in-between the stalls and enough ground cover should it be needed. Suitable festival footwear is recommended.
Qantas VIP Tickets - $110
Get your friends together and secure your tickets now to celebrate the best Taste of Auckland has to offer. The Qantas VIP Lounge will be going off this year and you do not want to miss out. Rub shoulders with the stars of the event, try exclusive dishes and cocktails from Neil Perry’s Rockpool Bar & Grill, relax with your friends and soak up the festival atmosphere all from the luxurious Qantas VIP Lounge.
Plus anyone purchasing a Qantas VIP Ticket will go in the draw to win a lavish foodie trip to Melbourne – including tickets to experience the fabulous Melbourne Food & Wine Festival, and the World’s Longest Lunch courtesy of Qantas and Visit Victoria.
The Qantas VIP Ticket includes:
- Priority Entry to one session + access to the Qantas VIP Lounge
- $30 TSB Bank Crown Card (festival currency)
- Welcome drink on arrival - wine, beer or Rockpool cocktail on arrival, choose from a - Caribbean Apple, North and South or a Return Ticket ($14 each throughout the session)
- Gourmet treats from the Rockpool Grill choose from - Chermoula lamb with mint yoghurt, Ora King salmon with preserved lemon and harrissa or wood fired eggplant with roasted pumpkin and goat's curd ($6 each throughout the session)
- 'Fine Wine Tastings' within the Qantas VIP Lounge from Babich, Ara, Mount Michael and Negociants (tastings of special vintages periodically throughout the session)
- Festival Glass - pick this up in the Qantas VIP Lounge
- Non-alcoholic drinks provided
- Cash bar
- Seating - Please note there is a mix of indoor and outdoor seating in the Qantas VIP Lounge - there is no allocated seating.
- Coat check
- VIP Car Parking within the venue Western Springs - access off Old Mill Road
Rogue Society Lucky Ticket - $72
Includes festival entry, $30 TSB Bank Crown Card, x2 Rogue Society cocktails + a Rogue Society wide brimmed hat – uber limited!
Premium Ticket - $60
Including festival entry, and a $40 TSB Bank Crown Card.
General Admission - $25
Entry to New Zealand’s most loved culinary festival. Plus Chef Demonstrations, Cool Pop-up Bars, Live Music, Cupcake Decorating, Beer and Cheese talks on Brew Street with Kapiti Cheese, Recipe Ideas and meet over 100 artisans and producers many offering samples.
Seniors 65+ (with Gold Card) - $15
Juniors under 15 accompanied by an adult - $15 (under 5s free)
Shuttle from the City - $5 each way
A direct shuttle will run from downtown (32 Custom St East, near Shakey Isles) to Western Springs and return. Add to your cart when purchasing your ticket.
Door Sales (if available will be) - GA $35
There are 6 different sessions you can choose from:
- Session 1: Thursday 17 November 5.30pm – 10pm
- Session 2: Friday 18 November 12pm – 4pm
- Session 3: Friday 18 November 5.30pm – 10pm
- Session 4: Saturday 19 November 12pm – 4pm
- Session 5: Saturday 19 November 5.30pm – 9.30pm
- Session 6: Sunday 20 November 12pm – 5pm
If you’re looking to entertain clients or indulge in Taste of Auckland’s most premium experience please talk to us about our special all-inclusive hosting and entertainment packages – please click here.
Click here to buy ConversatioNZ tickets
TSB Bank Crown Cards*
Crowns are the currency of the festival and used to purchase food, drink & experiences.
1 TSB Bank Crown = $1. The best value tickets include a TSB Bank crown card.
Taste of Auckland in partnership with Electrolux 2016 Features:
- Auckland’s hottest restaurants - Artwok, Depot, Euro, Farina, FISH, Ima Cuisine, Miss Clawdy, Paris Butter, The Culpeper & Tok Tok
- Electrolux Chefs’ Secrets - All new for 2016 - Create and share a meal with your favourite chefs including Megan May, Kyle Street, Ganesh Raj, Guilio Sturla, Marc Soper and Monique Fiso
- Electrolux Taste Theatre - 18 live demos from our best chefs including Peter Gordon, Sergio Maglione, Megan May, Marco Edwards, Sachie from Sachie’s Kitchen & The Rockpool Team
- TSB Bank Producers Market - Discover the newest artisanal products and stock up for Christmas
- Brew Street with Kapiti Cheese - Discover your favourite craft brew and meet the brewers
- Magners Cider Bandstand - Enjoy live music curated by Peter Urlich
For the full festival line-up see www.tasteofauckland.co.nz
We’ll see you at Taste of Auckland 2016!
Delivery Options will be determined by the tickets that are in your Cart. Some ticket options include pre-loaded TSB Crown Cards, which we are unable to send electronically; these will be couriered out closer to the event. This means that if your booking contains VIP or Premium tickets, the courier option will be the only one available. Otherwise, if you are only booking General Admission tickets, you will have the option of having your tickets sent to you as eTickets.
Booking and service fees: It's unfortunate that they're a fact of life.
+ $2.50 booking fee per ticket (to a maximum of $5 per order).
+ Delivery fee differs depending on the method selected/available.
+ A transaction fee of 2.5% for total transaction applies on all orders.
*TSB Bank Crown Cards
There is a $1 bond added to the price of your Taste of Auckland TSB Bank Crown Card. This $1 can be refunded at any Crown Bank throughout the duration of the festival upon depositing your TSB Bank Crown Card. You can enjoy Taste of Auckland to the very last bite with full refunds available on any Crowns unspent on your TSB Bank Crown Card. Simply visit a Crown Bank at the end of the festival to exchange your TSB Bank Crown Card for a full refund.
Distribution of couriered tickets with TSB Bank crown cards will commence mid to late-October.